About 2 weeks I started noticed something very very strange – every time I tweeted something from my local Social Media Management clients accounts, a local business in the same industry would post something very very similar an hour or so later
Initially I thought I was paranoid and that it was just pure coincidence, but it started to happen more and more frequently until last weekend I made the final decision to hit the block button on said “plagiarists” account.
I love Social Media, the internet and all the freedom it brings, but the idea that everything is free and up for the taking is not something I live by
If this was Tradvertising there was no way they could have copy and pasted poster designs and stuck them up around the same time – but here on Twitter it seemed fair game
So with that in mind here are 5 Reasons Plagiarism Is The Lowest Form Of Twit
1. Social Media and marketing is about selling your USP – not another businesses USP – by copying similar businesses marketing messages you’re entirely missing the point of marketing
2. Twitter is entirely open and transparent – your followers, if they follow both accounts, will see the duplicity
3. Lazyness and cutting corners – which begs the question, what else does the business cut corners on?
4. If you’re simply following the industry leader you’ll always be one step behind ….. rather than racing to the top
5. The old twitter adage – if you wouldn’t put it on a billboard, don’t do it online
Plagiarism Isn’t The Sincerest Form Of Flattery, Plagiarizing Equals Failing On Many Levels
Would love to hear about your experience of plagiarism on Social Media or blogs
And if you’d like to chat more about ethical Social Media look here at our website www.altrinchamhq.co.uk